Roulette Strategies

Roulette is a random game where spins are not impacted by past spins and do not impact future spins. That being said, there are some strategies and systems that have been put forward that many players believe will increase your chances of winning in a game of roulette.

The Martingale Strategy

The Martingale strategy is a progression system. It suggests that every time you lose you should double your bet and every time you win you should go back to your original bet. The system suggests that your wins will always pay for your losses in the long term. The Martingale system can only be used in European roulette and can only be used on even money bets. Make sure that you have enough of a bankroll to keep doubling your bets and that the table limit will not prevent you from reaching your limits. Also, make sure to set yourself a limit of how many times you will lose before stopping. In the long run you will win, but it could take a long time if you are on a losing streak.

The Combination System

The combination system is a double Martingale system. To use this system you must run two simultaneous bets both using the Martingale system of betting. This should increase your probability of winning and keep you in the game longer.

The Fibonacci System

The Fibonacci system of numbers is a sequence of numbers that occur throughout nature. The Fibonacci system suggests that you place bets on the Fibonacci sequence of numbers – 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13 – with each number being the sum of the numbers preceding it. In the long term, the Fibonacci system produces the same odds as betting on red every time.

The Labouchere System

To begin the labouchere system, you must write down any four numbers eg. 3-4-5-6. You must add the value of the outer two numbers and bet on that total. If you lose, you add the total to your sequence and then bet again on the total value of the outer two numbers. If you win, you remove the outer two number and bet on the total value of the next outer two numbers. In the above example, you first bet on 3+6=9. If you lose, you add 9 to your sequence so that you now have 3-4-5-6-9 and you then bet on 3+9=11. If you then win, you remove the 3 and the 9 from the sequence and bet on the remaining two outer numbers, 4+6= 10. If you win again, remove the 4 and the 6 and you next bet on the remaining number, 5.

The Patient Player System

The patient player system states that in a game of American roulette, the probability of winning on an even money bet is 47.3%, meaning that the probability of losing is 52.7%. The probability of losing 4 consecutive times is 7.7%. The patient player system suggests that you need to observe the game until you see the same result come up four times in a row and then you need to bet the opposite. The probability of winning on an even money bet five consecutive times is 4% so if you observe the same result four times in a row you should bet the opposite giving you a 96% chance of winning.

The Kanzen System

The Kanzen system acknowledges and uses the fact that the game of roulette is random. It states that you should make sure to always leave a 50% chance that you can win on any one spin. In other words, if you play conservatively, in the long run you are likely to win or at least to break even. Win as much as you can, as quickly as you can on a winning streak and slow down your betting or stop playing on a losing streak.

Watch your Bankroll

Regardless of which system you use you will need to keep an eye on your bankroll. Make sure to pace your bets – the longer you play for the more chances you have to win and to set a limit of how long you will play for. Do not bet money that is not set aside in your bankroll.

Top Casinos

© 1999-2012 Casinoviponline | Contact Us | Sitemap | Gamble Safely